Uttarakhand boasts a stunning view of the Himalayas and a cultural ethos that emphasizes simplicity and harmony in living. It is also a land of serene spirituality and natural beauty. You can also enjoy a variety of unforgettable experiences, including water sports and ashrams that allow you to connect with your inner self.
Uttarakhand offers everything for tourists who are brave enough to climb the Himalayas and crazy enough to sail on snowy waters, and eager enough to explore the country. Uttarakhand has many beautiful places that you can visit, so there is no reason to stay in the city for more than two months.
Are you interested in Uttarakhand tourist attractions? Here’s a list of the best places to see in UttarakhandEnjoy a memorable experience in the tranquil landscape and snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas. We bring you to paradise as we show you the best places in Northern India. Here are the top 5 Uttarakhand tourist spots You can!
1. Dehradun and Mussoorie
Dehradun, the capital of Uttarakhand has a stunning view of the Himalayan mountains and the Ganga River flowing to either side. Mussoorie can be found at about 38km from Dehradun. It is known as the “Queen of Hills” and attracts many tourists each year to see famous Uttarakhand spots. This makes it one of the most beautiful places in Uttarakhand.
You might be wondering why? Because there are very few weekend getaways like Mussoorie and Dehradun.
- Ideal for: Honeymooners, peace lovers, and family and friends
- The best time to visit: Anytime of the year
- Ideal length: 2-3 days
- How to get to Nainital: Dehradun is accessible by road. It takes approximately 5 hours from Delhi to reach it. Mussoorie, located just one hour from Dehradun is also accessible by road. Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport.
- Things to Do: Visit the National Parks and Lakes, Kempty Falls and Benog Hill. Dehradun: Monastery and Resorts, Forest Research Institute in Dehradun
- Places To Stay: Ramada Dehradun Chakrata Road, AruBhi Cottage, Hotel Relax, Tapasya Home Stay, FabHotel Invitation
2. Nainital and Ranikhet
Nainital is a popular spot for families and couples to visit in Uttarakhand. Nainital is located near Naini Lake, which is surrounded by mountains. Here you can take in breath-taking views of the natural world. There are many tourist attractions in Nainital that you can explore. These are just two places you should visit on your Uttarakhand tour packages during the monsoon.
Why? The lush green scenery of Nainital provides a breath-taking view of the Himalayan ranges. You can enjoy the trekking trails of Ranikhet or camp on the main site.
- Ideal for: Honeymoon couples or office workers, couples, and families
- The best time to visit: Anytime of the year
- Ideal length: 4 to 5 Days
- How to get to Nainital: Nainital doesn’t have direct air connectivity. At Kathgodham, 34 km is the nearest railway station. To reach Nainital, it takes approximately 7 hours from Delhi.
- Things to Do: Visit the temples of Ranikhet and go trekking. Also, visit the Nainital Zoo and Naini Lake. The hill station offers a wonderful environment and wildlife sanctuary.
- Places to Stay:Kainchi Dham Hilly Homestay, Hotel Chandra Inn Royal Rose, The Manu Maharani, The Naini Retreat
Chakrata, a small hill town in Uttarakhand, is a great place for people who want to enjoy the quiet and the beauty of the hills. Chakrata is the ideal destination for peace lovers. It has postcard-sized houses and quiet hills, with birds chirping in its background. This is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places in Uttarakhand.
Why? For those who want to be in a quiet area and just take in the beauty of the environment and the amazing climate.
- Ideal for: Solo travellers, couples
- The best time to visit is all year
- Ideal duration: 3-4 days
- How to get there: The nearest railway station is located at Dehradun, which is approximately 2 hours away from the station.
- Things to Do: Visit the Tiger waterfall and Budher Caves. Stay and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere.
- Places to Stay:Hotels in Himalayan Foxhole, Stunning Hills and Asmarh, Water Valley resort gwasapull. Vertical Valley Resort
Mukteshwar, a small town on the hill in Uttrakhand, is located approximately 50 km from Nainital. The stunning views of the Himalayan ranges are a major drawcard. It also offers fun adventure sports and a lot of entertainment. The main attractions are the lush greenery and narrow lanes.
Why? If you’re an adventure lover and seeker of new experiences, this is the place to be.
- Ideal for: Rock climbing, rappelling, and trekking
- The best time to visit: October to June
- Ideal time: 1 to 2 Days
- How to get there: The nearest railway station to Mukteshwar is Kathgodam Railway Station (62 kms away), and Dehradun is the closest airport. Taxis are easily available from the airport to Mukteshwar.
- Things to Do: Visit Mukteshwar Temple, go rock climbing or trekking, and take in the magnificent view of the Himalayan ranges.
- Places to Stay: Enchanted hills, Valley View homestay and Ojaswi Himalayan Resort. SHIVAYA – The Home Within
Binsar can be found in the middle of a wildlife sanctuary. It is one of the most visited tourist spots in Uttarakhand. It is located at an altitude of approximately 2,400m and offers breathtaking views of Nanda Devi (Nanda Kot), Chaukhambha, Kedarnath, Kedarnath, Chaukhambha, and Kedarnath.
Binsar, like many others, has a mythological connection. The local gods GoluDevta had a battle with king Binsar. Binsar is one of the most popular homestays within the Himalayan region.
- This is why: If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, then this is the place for you.
- The best time to visit: during the summer months, October and November
- Ideal for: Nature lovers, writers, peace-seekers
- Ideal length: 3-4 days
- How to get there: Pant Nagar airport is located at a distance 143 km from Binsar. Kathgodam (110 km) is the closest railway station and is well connected with major cities. The entry fee for personal vehicles is INR 50
- Things to do: Photography, sightseeing, lazing about, trekking, safaris, wildlife sanctuary
- Places To Stay:Binsar Adventure Camp, Simba Cafe& lodge, Binsar Forest Retreat, The Kumaon