Visas and Residencies in Spain: See Complete Details

If you are looking for information about Visas and Residencies in Spain then you are at the right place. In this article, I am going to tell you about the types of visas for Spain. You will also get information about the application process for residency in Spain. So, read this article from start to end to get useful information.

Types of Visa/Permits to live in Spain

If you want to go to Spain then the first thing that you need is visa to Spain. Visa is also considered a permit. There are several types of visas are available by which some of the major types are mentioned below:

Student Visa

This type of visa is designed for those who want to study or conduct their study-related research in Spain. Students can apply for this visa for their study programs like undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. degree programs or for other types of short courses. You can easily apply for this Visa if you want to take admitted to any Spanish college or university.

Business Visa

The Spanish government also allows foreigners to visit or stay in their country for business purposes. For staying and living in Spain for business purposes, people need a business visa. This visa is further divided into two categories, an entrepreneur visa if you own a business or have a business idea that you want to do in Spain and a Regular self-employed Work Visa if you are self-employed.

Non-Lucrative Residency Visa

If you want to stay in Spain for a short period like 90 days without the purpose of conducting any economic or professional activity then this Visa is designed for you. This Visa enables you to live in Spain for a time longer than 90 days, for one year. You can only renew this type of visa if you stay there for a minimum of 183 days. After the renovation of the visa, you can stay there for 2 years.

Work Visa as an employee for a Spanish Company

You can apply for Work Visa if you get employment in a Spanish company. You can also apply for this Visa if you want to live in Spain as a self-employed person. It is the same as an entrepreneur visa.

Golden Visa

Golden Visa is one of the most in-demand and popular residency cards because it has low requirements. This Visa gives permanent residency to people who invest in the country. Investment in the country is commonly undertaken by buying property in the country.

If you are a non-EU citizen and invest a minimum amount of 500.000 Euros in Spanish Real Estate then you are eligible for this Visa. If you have immigrant planning to move to Spain, you can also get this Visa. You can get this Visa by taking 1M euros in shares of any Spanish company.

Additionally, you need to prove that you have enough strong financial sources to get this Visa. If you are an investor then you need at least 30,000 Euros to be eligible for this Visa.

What are the types of Residencies in Spain?

Spanish permits are divided into two categories, which are mentioned below:

Temporary Residence

As the name suggested that Temporary Residence is a short-term residence enables foreigners to live and work in Spain for more than 90 days and less than 5 years. If you want to go to Spain for work purposes then you can take this residence.

Permanent Residence

Permanent residence is also known as long-term residence, which allows foreigners to live in Spain the same as Spanish citizens. However, if you want to get this residency then you want to meet specific requirements such as being a residence of the country for almost 5 years or you should be an investor.